Nepal Tourism Year 2011
Nepal is a country of highly diverse and rich geography, culture, and religions. The mountainous north contains eight of the world’s ten highest mountains, including the highest, Mount Everest. The fertile and humid south is heavily urbanized. By some measures, Hinduism is practiced by a greater majority of people in Nepal than in any other nation.
The natural scenery, high mountains, incomparable cultural heritage and numerous specialties have made Nepal a well-known destination in the world tourism map with a distinct image of its own. However, the development of tourism is limited in number and within the certain areas of the country only. The new government has shown greater concerns about the real value of tourism and its role in contributing to economic growth, poverty alleviation, equity and overall tourism development in the country.
Therefore, the government is placing high priority on the tourism sector in its new economic development policy. As there is a favorable political situation in the country, the government is all geared towards economic revolution in next 10 years for the up-liftment of the masses. In this connection, government of Nepal in consultation with Nepalese Tourism Industry, concerned organizations and experts decided to launch a national tourism campaign “Nepal Tourism Year 2011“. This announcement reflects the government’s anticipation to bring into at least one million international tourists in Nepal by the year 2011 and spread the benefits of tourism to the people at large. The national campaign also indicates the tourism industry’s exigency to organize a tourism promotion campaign having wider impact.
With the glittering badge of adventure destination and the adage “Atithi Devo Bhava” (Guests are Gods) that reflects “Atithi Satkar, Nepaliko Sanskar” (Hospitality is Nepalese culture) deeply rooted in our culture, the tourism products of Nepal never cease to mesmerize the visitors. The cultural, geographical, ethnic and bio-diversities of the country allure international visitors to Nepal time and again which truly substantiates the spirit of Nepal tourism brand; ‘Naturally Nepal, once is not enough !
The concept of Nepal Tourism Year 2011 envisions harnessing these opportunities and strengths and bringing together the commitment of the government, expertise and experiences of the organizations like Nepal Tourism Board, aptitude and dynamism of the private sector and communities for further tourism development in the country. Active involvement of the major political parties, members of the Constitution Assembly and Right groups is always taken into consideration in order to make the campaign inclusive and participatory in modus operandi and effective in result. The campaign will also focus on mobilizing the networks of the Non-Resident Nepalis (NRN) communities, Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad, I/NGOs, airlines, and national and international media. Similarly, friends and well-wishers of Nepal, tourism academicians and celebrities will also be approached in order to highlight the campaign internally as well as internationally. This is also called Visit Nepal Year 2011.
Objectives of the campaign
- Establish Nepal as a choice of premier holiday destination with a definite brand image,
- Improve and extend tourism related infrastructures in existing and new tourism sites,
- Enhance the capacity of service renders,
- Build community capacity in the new areas to cater the need of the tourists, and
- Promote domestic tourism for sustainability of the industry.
See you in Nepal Tourism Year 2011
We are hurry to welcome you in Nepal Tourism Year 2011.
Nepal – The Most Amazing and Beautiful Place on Earth ( VISIT NEPAL 2011 )
Users who found this page were searching for:
- +visit in pokhara tourist data in 2011
- visit nepal year 2011 images
- nepal tourist statistics 2011
- objectives regarding Tourism in Nepal
- history on nepal tourism year 2011
- essays on "visit nepal-2011"
- write an essay about tourism 2011 in pokhara
- trekking in Nepal essay
- www.nepal tourism year2011.com
- visit nepal year 2011 essaya
- nepali 2011 tourism year
- nepal tourism year 2011.com/info
- need of tourim year 2011 in nepal
- essays on nepal tourism year 2011
- visit nepal 2011 festivals
- objectives of tourism year 2011 nepal
- introduction of tourism in nepal essay
- about tourisum year2011in nepal.com
- report on tourism areas of nepal